Is your roof showing signs of age? This year is a great time to make repairs to your roof. You could be eligible for the new RénoVert tax credit and get up to $10,000 in refundable tax credits for work completed by March 2017.
How the new RénoVert tax credit works?
Set up by the Quebec government this year, this new tax credit is for homeowners who plan to make renovations to increase the energy efficiency of their homes. The value of the tax credit is 20% of eligible expenses for work exceeding $2,500, up to $52,500. The work must be completed with a recognized and qualified contractor in Quebec before April 1, 2017.
Find out the value of the tax credit you might receive based on your home renovation expenses.
|Eligible expenses||Value of tax credit|
(minimum allowable amount)
|$10 000||$1 500|
|$15 000||$2 500|
|$20 000||$3 500|
|$25 000||$4 500|
|$40 000||$7 500|
(maximum allowable amount)
What type of work is eligible for the tax credit?
- Roof or attic insulation: the work must be carried out using certified insulation materials EcoLogo or GREENGUARD
- Ventilation system
- Sealing skylights
- Installation of a green roof or a white roof
- Installation of thermal solar panels
Does your home qualify for the tax credit?
To be eligible for the tax credit, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be the owner or co-owner of a single, semi-detached or row house, condominium, apartment, mobile home with permanent foundations or a cottage/chalet that is inhabitable year round.
- Own a property located in Quebec that is not subject to expropriation.
- Have completed the construction of your property before January 1, 2016.
Which contractor should you choose for your work?
Choose a team of recognized experts and qualified roofers holding the licenses required by the Rénovert Program under the Building Act.
To find out how to benefit from the rénovert tax credit and to learn more about it, visit the following links:
Do you need an expert to help answer your questions? Please feel free to contact our APCHQ Réno-Maître accredited team.
For a free estimate of your project, contact Union Roofing.